What is perfect?
Dictionary says : it is an :
- Complete:not deficient.
- Very enjoyable, excellent (perfect evening).
- Exact, precise (perfect circle).
- Make perfect.
Every one of us wants perfection even though we know nothing is perfect.
Why don’t we reconcile with our present being?
May be because we all want things to change for better
So even though we can never attain exactness we can always continue our journey to it with the mantra:
an ascent to perfection.
Is Cinema a dying art?
Not so long ago do you remember the time of
- Letterhead printing press?
- Roll camera with emphasis on composition of the frame?
- Music studios many acoustic recorded at the same time
- and the time,we listening to it in a cassette player.
Cinema too has changed over the years. & with multiplexes, Internets and the fast life we are living our vision and yearn for cinema as an art form has changed drastically.
The good ol’days:
Friday morning, first day first show
The long Q’s
‘Das ka bees, das ka bees’
The disappointed faces of those who couldn’t be through
Pupillary darkness waiting for the light man to show up
Is it al over?
Et tu Cinema?
Or days of cinema-paradiso set to enact a phoenix all over again and re-emerge in a new avatar from today’s remains?
To take part in a similiar discussion on Assamese cinema, visit http://www.aarhi.com/kharoni.htm